Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Accidental electrical fire displaces Roanoke County woman
Roanoke County Fire and Rescue crews responded to a fire in the 3400 block of Windfall Drive on Tuesday morning, containing an electrical fire in about 15 minutes.
The crews found light smoke coming from a one-story house about 10:45 a.m., according to department spokeswoman Jennifer Conley Sexton. The fire was caused by electrical wiring in the attic and has been ruled accidental, she said. It inflicted an estimated $3,500 in damage, according to Conley Sexton.
Conley Sexton said the female homeowner was preparing to go shopping when she smelled something burning.
She was able to escape without injury, but is now displaced because the home is without electricity.
Conley Sexton said the homeowner is staying with family.